Monday, June 30, 2014

God Has Blessed Me

Sector- Lo Campino, Quilicura
Companero- Elder Zapata
Letter #42

Hi Family!!!

It's my Birthday this week!!! hahah  And IDK if I'll get the package from you guys but I hope!!!! haha   But I got an amazinggg package from Emily's parents this week with all kinds of food and cards!!! It was HUGE!!! haha so at least I got something for my B-Day!!!!  I took a tonnnn of pictures this week, but I couldn't upload any of them because these computers are sooo dumb sometimes but I will be able to send them eventually!!!

That camp-out you guys went on is amazing!! I miss backpacking, those backpacking trips are some of the best memories that I have from young men!! I miss them and I hope I can be a young mens leader some day to take the kids on SICK camp-outs haha!!   Its going to be weird not being at home for my birthday or for the 4th of July, because nobody even cares about the 4th of July here!!! It sucks...haha!  It sucked this week, Chile lost against Brasil...But they SHOULD have won because Brasil SUCKS hahaha just kidding but everyone was SOOO mad haha and seriously everyone was crying.  It's ridiculous how crazy they are about soccer here. That's one of the best things about Chile. If we were crazy like that about soccer the US would be pretty dang good at soccer but nobody cares hahah!!   I hope the united states can win, and if not HOLLAND!! All of our ancestors!! hahah

This week was super good! we climbed a hill called Cerro San Cristobal today and it was huggeee..and you could see alll of Santiago from the top and we took the sickesttt pictures!!! but I couldn't upload them so I'll send them next week. We are still working super hard to find new investigators in our sector.  When I got here they had 2 that weren't progressing so we have just been looking and looking and looking. We didn't find anyone that good this week, but we're working with a family from Bolivia and the father isn't a member but the mother is and they went to church together the past two Sundays so we are working with him, and we hope that he can get baptized soon!!!  And yes, mom I always find such good people and we teach and teach and teach them, and then I get transferred, and no we cant go see the baptisms in our old sectors, our mission president doesn't let us, but we got a new mission president this week so maybe that will change!! 

This week we have been praying and praying to find people who are prepared and ready to hear the gospel and to be able to be the answer to someones prayer. It has been so difficult and we haven't found anyone yet but I think that God may be trying our faith and that we will find a ton of people this week!! we will see but I just have to have faith that the sector will improve and we will be able to have success. 
 
This week I  have been thinking about how much God has blessed me throughout the mission with everything and I have started to really feel grateful for everything He has done for me on the mission because it has been so hard at times. And I know that it would have been impossible to keep going if God hadn't given me comfort and peace that everything would be alright.  I'm also able to see how much growth I've been able to go through on the mission and I know that as we make sacrifices for God He blesses us with so much more. And I know that as we pass through problems and challenges we really really are going through a growth process and sometimes it sucks... but the blessings always always come. Its amazing how God works and he always blesses. In his own time. It's such a miracle and as I look back I see Gods hand in everything important in my life. It's amazing to look at and it grows my testimony so much!!! I really feel so grateful for the mission because it prepares us so well to know that serving God and giving everything to Gods will is the BEST thing that we can do in this life. Because it is the ONLY intelligent thing we can do. 
 
I Love you Family!!! I hope that you have a great week!!! And think about me on my birthday!!! haah

Love you guys!!!
Love,
Elder Nate Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment