Monday, June 2, 2014

Look for God in Your Life!

Sector- Batuco, Chile
Companero- Elder Perira
Carta #38

Wow, looks like you guys had another good week!!  Always surfing!! haha that's good...that's how life should be lived...

What is bobbys internship for? Investing or what? that's cool though that he has work again! And yeah, Dad I got your email! Thank you!! it was good and it totally makes sense. Thank you!!

This week was pretty good!! We had an amazing experience when we were teaching that couple. They want to get baptized but like I already said, no one here in Chile is married and they can't get baptized until they get married. And we went to find the next date they could get married because here in Chile sometimes you have to wait like 4 months, but we found one on the 7th of August!! that was a miracle!!! And we committed them to that date!! They are super nervous because they don't have any money and the dad has been out of work for a really long time!"! but the second miracle was that he found work and started to work this week!! Its' so cool how God helps us in our righteous purposes. They have so much faith knowing so little about the Gospel. They've only received like 2 of the lessons but they are already willing to turn their lives around and get married and make sacrifices to follow God. The dad actually was in prison for a year and left a little while ago. And has told us that he really wants to change his life. In prison he read the whole Bible and studied it everyday and since then he's wanted to get baptized and turn his life around. And we met him, and he decided to follow what we were saying and felt the spirit and has trusted in that!! that is a lot of faith.
Because sometimes we get spiritual confirmations but still it's so hard for us to trust in those confirmations. Because Satan tries to trick us, but we should all be like him and follow what the spirit tells us to do and follow god! 
 
The mission is still hard and everything but I love seeing the miracles!! It shows Gods hand in everything and I hope to keep seeing miracles once I get home. 
 
I hope that you guys always see what God does in your life because that's how we can be happy even when everything's not all perfect and we have problems. We can be grateful for what God has already done in our lives! That is what I need to work on more in the mission, because sometimes I'm just sooo over it and want to go home and stop having to follow dumb rules that I don't understand but I need to look past that and see whats really important. So I hope that I will be better at that when I get back!

I love you guys!!!
I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Nate Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment