Monday, December 8, 2014

Not My Will But God's Will

Sector- Lo Campino, Quilicura
Companero- Elder Huarca
Carta #65

We are seeing SO MANY miracles in our sector. Its seriously AMAZING to see all the miracles that God has worked for my investigators and also personally. I feel like as I have become more and more converted to the Gospel, my investigators have been accepting the Gospel so much faster because now when I testify it comes from the heart and from experiences. not just faith that the things I'm teaching are true. But experiences that have shown me that it is true. And a FIRM Belief. Its amazing to see the changes in everyone. And to see the changes in my own life. And I think that is how I have found joy as a missionary.  Because that is the joy of a missionary. Helping others, and being converted to the gospel from doing just that. And I can't even tell you how many miracles I have seen in my own personal life and how many blessings God has given me just for giving some of my time to serve him. Just I have found out that God truly LOVES us. And that if we seek His will, He will show us. And If we are willing to do His will, we will be SO BLESSED. And SO happy. Because He loves us. Its so amazing the Gospel. And it sounds so so so simple when I say it like that. But I have come to know those things from personal experiences and I KNOW they are true. And I can say that all I want to do is follow Gods will. Because that is the ONLY intelligent thing to do in life. Seeking our own will is just plain dumb. Because God is wiser and ALWAYS has the bigger picture in mind. And I can say now that it is my true desire to always do his will. That is why I'm happy where I am right now. That is why I am happy with my plans in the future, because I know they are His will for me. And I know I will be happy. And that's why You guys are sooo happy I'm here because you know I'm doing His will. And You know that I will be blessed. I guess that's the biggest thing I've learned and something EVERY person should have in their life. Is the true desire to not do your own will, but Gods will. That is the attribute that Christ had, and that is why he could say that Him and the Father were one. Because he obeyed the Fathers will so Much and he SOUGHT the fathers will so much, that He ALWAYS did EXACTLY what the Father would do if He himself was right there with them. That is what we need to strive for as disciples of Christ. That is our Goal. And that is how we will get into the celestial kingdom.

Wow sometimes I just feel the spirit so much while I'm writing that I just turn into a preacher hahahaha But that's what the mission is about, learning!! and I'm doing that everyday!!! 
 
This week was a very good week. We did a Christmas concert for the community, and soooo many people went that aren't members and were crying because they felt the spirit so much. We the missionaries got to participate and sing. It was pretty siccccckckk. And were gonna have a lot of people that are interested from going to that concert. I'll send pics. Like 30 missionaries sang and I feel like my voice isn't all that terrible now. hahahaha

 Choir!

The People Who Came to See It!

But also miracles are happening with Christopher. He is SO excited about his baptism. And his wife starting crying because she was so happy that he is finally getting baptized. And she told us how she has always wanted to be sealed for all eternity with him. And she said thanks to your testimony, we are able to make this step and come closer to being sealed for all eternity. SO AMAZING. That is amazing. And they are so excited and so committed to be able to be sealed in the temple. And it was because we showed up at his door with a testimony of eternal families. I LOVE THIS. ITS AMAZING. That's why I'm here on this mission. His baptism is this Sunday, so I'll send you pictures. I'm super excited. 
 
I LOVE you Family. Thank you for always supporting me.
I'm happy here because I'm changing lives, like Christopher and his wives.

I Love you guys!!!

Love
Elder Nate Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment