Monday, October 6, 2014

Listen to the Prophet

Sector- Lo Campino, Quilicura
Companero- Elder Zapata
Carta #56

Hi family!!! 

WOW look you guys still care about me!! you wrote me!!! haha wow how did you get released from your calling!? you lovedd that calling!!! it was sicckkk to go on alll the camp-outs all the time!!! I know sometimes we wouldn't want to go..but every time it was an experience to remember. Actually here in the mission, Ive learned so many good lessons on what you guys have done that made my life so much better. Like moving from the bay area and getting a job where you weren't gone all the time. And also the rule to not watch tv and all that blessed me so much to not have a life that sucked. because there's people here on the mission that spent allll their time doing nothing.. and they literally have no talents!!! I will probably strive to be parents like you guys have been to me!! you guys have been really good examples!! And I hope that my kids can turn out just as good as I did ;) hahahahah NO just kidding they're gonna have to be a lot better!

This week has been good!!! and don't worry...Soledad hasn't smoked for 3 weeks!!!!! WOOOO!!!! and she is FOR SURE getting baptized this week, so I'll be sending the pictures next week!!! oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVER!!! WOOO 13!!! he's sooooo OLD!!!!! that's going to be crazy getting back and seeing him again!! I hope he SHREDS!!!! hahah

But yeah, the conference was superrrr cool!!! Our investigators LOVED it. and I could feel the spirit sooo strong. Its an amazing thing to be able to have a prophet that receives revelation for us. And he can guide us through all the bad things that go on in this world. Its a wonderful blessing to know that God loves us so much that he still calls prophets and apostles to guide us back to him. Its amazing to know that if we can follow their council we will always be alright. I hope you guys felt the spirit just as strong as I did listening to the prophet. 
 
Our sector has been really good. We have seen so many fruits and I'm so grateful for how the lord has blessed us. We started out with NOTHING and it has turned into a sector that has soooo many investigators that have potential to get baptized. 
 
Its amazing that here in the mission we can see the hand of God in our lives sooo much more. I hope to see it always. Its amazing how much we need prayer, and how much we need god in the mission. I hope that I can maintain that relationship afterwards also. Sometimes I get worried that I wont be able to maintain this progress.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
LOVE
Elder Nate Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment