Monday, February 24, 2014

Preacher Nate Dogg on Charity

Sector- San Filipe
Companero- Elder Wiseman
Carta #25

What uppp family...

WOW, mom is going to workk!! hahah cool!! Sorry that you're sick dad, I was sick for like 2 weeks hahah!! but we didn't stop working. It sucked because I had a fever and it was like 100 degrees outside hahah!! So that was sucky for a while but now I'm better!

I'm staying in this sector for another change!!!!! SICK, I love this sector!! I'm With Elder Wiseman again and he finishes his mission this change so I'm ¨killing¨ my second companion. I've had 3 companions and I'm killing 2 of them! I'm always with people who are sooo old in the mission!!! But I think that after this I will be put with someone my time in the mission I hope! It's starting to cool down a little bit now! Finally! haha!! I have six months in the mission now... that's sick... I only have 18 months left (the mission of a girl haha!!). It's not as overwhelming anymore! I've gained like 15 pounds on the mish because here they only eat completos, which are hot dogs with a ton of stuff on it and churrascos, which are hamburgers but worse for you... And when you ask for water they give you Coca Cola, it sucks... I decided this morning to try to get rid of some of that weight... went running and I DIED hahah!! But were going to go running every morning now haha!! I'm determined because Emily said in her letter that my cheeks are getting fat...sooo that was the end, its not acceptable anymore hahaah!!

We had some pretty funny stories from this week... We found this young couple, they're only like 20 years old and the girl is pregnant. We taught them and they're super good, the guy is so funny haha!! They invited us to their baby shower and we went cuz we bought a gift and stuff. We walk in and there's like 30 people there and they ALL look at us soooo weird because were dressed all nice and I'm blonde and stuff haah!! Then they start playing a game and its like charades and they all say, put the blonde in! Put the blonde in the middle!! hahah!! And allll these crazy old ladies were chanting all these inappropriate phrases and stuff so it was a little weird hahah, But that was good cuz he was super happy we went... It was a little bit weird though, we were only there like 10 mins hahah!!

The biggest lesson that I learned this week was on charity and what charity really is. I learned that charity is so applicable to everything. It is whatever makes us become like Jesus Christ and become like God which is what we try to do. We try to progress and become as best we can through this life so that we can eventually make it to the point where we are like our Heavenly Father and have everything He has. And the most important thing that He has is charity. And that's the pure love for every single person no matter what they do, no matter if they're the sons of Satan or if they just hate God, he still loves them with a pure and unending love in every way. I think that it's almost impossible for us to get to that point, to love every single person like that in this life but we should try to do it for everyone that we care about and for every relationship that we have. Charity is so important for every relationship. I never realized how important charity was before this week. Charity is accepting someones differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings. Having patience with someone who has let us down, or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weaknesses and be willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of eachother. What is more important to have in a relationship than all of that? That is the pure love of Christ. And If we can learn to love as many people as we can like that we will be blessed ourselves and we will bless the lives of every single person around us. This is the biggest attribute that Christ has, that almost everyone doesn't have. And I'm pretty sure no one has it perfectly in this life. We need to always strive to be the best we can, and love everyone that is important or close to us like that. When we remember those things, all of our relationships will be blessed. I am so grateful for the lessons that we have learned and for the growth I'm doing. It's super super hard everyday but I can see the blessings after I pass through the trials.

I hope you guys liked preacher Nate Dogg. And I hope you all have a wonderful week. I'll be back next Monday for more!

I love you guys!!!
Have a great week fam!

Love,
Elder Nate Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment