Monday, December 9, 2013

Homeless Girl, Bikes, & Exploding Pens

Sector- San Filipe, Chile
Companero- Elder De Castro
Carta #14

Story of the week, Haha, Sooo we were in the church at an activity and then after the activity we left to do contacts on the street because this week our contacts we only did like 90 when were supposed to do 150 and we were trying to do a bunch hahah but then were walking down the sidewalk and there's this homeless girl walking the opposite direction and she stops us...she has nooo teeth in her mouth and she is just like the most messed up girl iv'e seen she has like 2 toes missing and her skin is like blistered all over and she has a KID and shes like can you guys spare me 500 pesos to buy milk for my kid and stuff and she's like I know you guys are servants of God and what would God do and stuff but we're not allowed to give money and then she's like I can't feed my kid because I got breast cancer and I couldn't treat it...and then out of nowhere she just whips out her breast from her shirt and its all scarred and like discolored and its just the most disgusting thing I've ever seen!!! And we just were like AHH! yeah, sorry we have to go!!! And I literally almost puked!! Im scarred for life, it was the most disgusting thing EVER!!!!!! IT WAS DISGUSTING hahahha Hah yeah, that's the story for this week!!!!!  Oh, one more story. We were riding in the street on bikes and my companion was in front of me and he was looking at his planner when the light turned red and he ran straight into the back of the car and his face like hit the window hahahah it was the funniest thing ever to see haha

Hey looks like you guys had a fun time at the Christmas concert and looks like Christmas is fun back there!! The place that I'm in is known as the hottest city in Chile haha.  And I'm here in the dead center of the summer! Its so hot every day!! Its horrible, we need to stop for water like every hour! And I have the worst tan lines..I look like a dumb missionary now hahah. But the mountains here are sooo huge and when its sunset they're so beautiful I'm glad that this place I'm in actually is beautiful hahah. This week was so hard and we did almost nothing this week because we had so many meetings and things to do for this ward activity that we did this week where we had to do a skit on family history haha.  My companion is district leader so we had to travel like 30 mins to a city called Los Andes and back like 3 times to baptismal interviews so that took away our time too so we didn't get any new investigators this week but we will be having a baptism this next Sunday for a girl named Joselyn so that will be cool... It seems like the people that I have baptized have been the easiest ever because they just accept everything about the gospel right away haha.  Like the word of wisdom and law of chastity they just accept right away and I'm so surprised..But Then again I've only been out for like 3 months hah. 

The Spanish is definitely coming along, I can understand almost everything now unless the person is super ghetto cuz they use so so much slang I can't understand haha.  But I can understand everything I read in Spanish now except for some things in the Book of Mormon because they use like not normal words but I'm coming along in the Book of Mormon. It feels so much better now to be able to actually contribute to the lessons and actually feel like i am helping the people haha. The heat is killer but soon enough it will be like 0 degrees so I'll try to enjoy it!! 

I'll be able to Skype you guys on the computer!  There's a super super nice cyber cafe here so we'll be able to Skype! I have no idea the details yet..Wow, Creed and Reagan are leaving!! Woo, wish them good luck!! I hope that Creed can learn Spanish fast cuz its so hard at first!!! Thank you for sending the package.. I actually need garments because the freaking laundry lady lost like 4 pairs of mine!! And then also my pen exploded in my pocket from the heat so it destroyed another pair and now I'm left with a very limited amount which really sucks hahah so you should send me some!! Thanks for the E mails!! I cant wait to talk to you guys on Christmas!! It sucks being away from home on Christmas so that will make it better!!!

I love you guys!!!
Love,
Elder Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment