Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Feliz Navidad!

Sector- San Filipe, Chile
Companero- Elder De Castro
Carta #15

Hahah sounds like you guys are having a good week!!!! And Sounds like Dad is pretty committed to getting ripped!!! Haha I can't help not eating healthy, if we don't eat everything on the plate then the members get mad!! Like really, one of the missionaries didn't and the bishop talked to him about it!! But its all good because my companion and I actually work out in the morning and while riding bikes we try to burn fat there too hahah.

Bikes, Wooooo! 

Mountains!

I hope that you guys are excited for Christmas! Here they celebrate everything on the 24th so were allowed to have another Pday the 24th but on Christmas we get to Skype with you guys and then its a normal day...I hope we´ll actually be able to find people that day!!! 

Yeah, this sector is probably the best sector I'm going to get because the ward here actually has a good amount of people in it. It has like 125 people attend every Sunday and the others have like 40 and this ward actually has a whole bishopric and a ward mission leader that has served a mission so this ward is really good!! And the activities in this ward are really good! We have to sing in this Christmas thing for the stake on Friday, like 5 missionaries and I'm horrible at singing so I hope it goes well!! Haha 

Is Bobby having fun working at Sun Diego? he's so lucky he got a job there its so hard to get a job there!! However, this week has been really hot! We're actually entering into the summer now and I just happen to be in the hottest place in Chile!!! I sweat so much and I have such bad tan lines from the shirt and my watch hahah its also hard because no one leaves there houses from 1 pm until 5 pm haha so its hard to do contacts and stuff.  Those hours are always the hardest but we just have to stay strong through those hours!!  After that everyone is out on the street because no one has air conditioning! 

Our view from the apartment 

My companion. Brazilians are crazy hahaha
He always tries to wrestle me but I always destroy him....hhaha

Here's the story for this week; so the stake president here invited us to a family home evening with a family that are friends of his and have been wanting to learn about the gospel for a long time. So we went and we show up to the house of the family that were going to teach and it was weird because we've been teaching everyone in their houses that are super crammed and have like 2 bedrooms but we show up at this guys house and he has like 9 cars and his house is Huge in the countryside and I'm just like super intimidated at first because he's super important.  At the beginning we just took a tour and he was showing us all of his stuff that he has like his cars and backyard and stuff and I was like what are we going to teach this family!!! And then we started FHE and we say the prayer and then they have like 3 servants that come out and start serving us food and drinks and stuff and its all super formal and I was super intimidated hahah.  But then once we started teaching the restoration they had so many good questions and they understood perfectly! Then the stake president bore his testimony and they want to get baptized, the whole family!!!! Wooo that will be good!!! haha  

Oh Yeah, we had another baptism too!!! 


The rest of this week has just been normal, its weird because there are some days where I can talk Spanish really well and then others where I just mess up all the time haha!  But I'm improving and I'm probably going to have a hard time talking English when I Skype you guys because I haven't talked English in so long!!!
For the Skype I will probably Skype you guys at like 3 or 3:15 my time (I have no Idea what time that is in California) haha! I will be at a members house sooo yeah, I think you guys have to call me and Ill be on my profile on Skype I think!!

Playing Soccer, woooo!! 


Love you Guys!!!
Have a great week!!!
Love Elder Dirkmaat!

No comments:

Post a Comment