Monday, November 4, 2013

Mission is Opposite of Easy

Area- Villa Primavera, Santiago
Companion- Elder Perdue
Letter #9

District 4 Missionaries!

Hey family,

Thanks for the motivational emails!! They really help!! Thanks mom for sending that package I finally got it on Tuesday!! And now I eat Nutella everyday!!! hahah. Don't worry I've only gained 3 pounds on my mission!!! haha. I hope that its from getting taller and not fat though! 

Thanks for the Email and your experiences in the temple! That was motivating to hear that my relationships will be strengthened because of the mission because that's one of the things that I worry about most hah.  So just for all the people that think that the mission is going to be Easy its the opposite of easy! No day is easy, every day is hard!! That's what makes us grow I guess. This is the hardest thing that I've ever done and its so hard to stay positive sometimes because the way of life that we live here on the mission definitely does not fit my way of life haha. I am all about having fun and all about doing everything to have fun. The mission has made me a lot more serious about life hah, but I still hope that I can keep the fun in the mission. Its hard sometimes but I try haha. 

I hope that you guys have a good week!! Here in Chile Halloween is funny because they do the trick or treat except they say it in Spanish obviously, but if you don't have any candy they actually throw eggs at your house so the next morning there was a bunch of eggs all over the houses where the people weren't home or the people that didn't participate haha and there's a lot of people here that are against Halloween for some reason like evil spirits and stuff, they're dumb hahah. But It was just a normal day for us on Halloween, we were able to do a bunch of contacts because every one was out!! 

Oh yeah, and there was an earthquake!! A 6.6 on the Richter Scale!! But Chileans are used to it and never freak out because there's earthquakes like every month here haha. But like 3 years ago there was a huge one that killed like 2000 people!! hahah, hope that doesn't happen while I'm here!! 

Well, Elder Holland is coming to talk to the Santiago missions next week! That's pretty cool!! I'm excited because Elder Holland is an Amazing speaker! Haha. Oh yeah, and also I had to give my first talk in Spanish this week! It was pretty hard!! But I managed to do it!! Yes mom, my Spanish is improving and I'm starting to understand a lot more!! 

I hope that you guys are excited for Bobby to come home in like 2 weeks! I'm jealous that I wont be there to go surfing with you guys!!! I hope that you guys have a good week this week!!! Thank you for the Emails they're great!!! I wasn't able to see the Halloween pictures though!!!

I love you family!!!
Have a good week!
Love, Elder Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment