Monday, July 13, 2015

Helping Others Helps Ourselves

Sector- Lampa, Santiago
Companero- From Ecuador
Carta #95

Well this week has been eventful, because its rained A TON this week. Seriously its never rained like this while I've been in Chile. And its been hard to work, because its been raining so much!!

There were transfers this week, and me and my companion are staying in our sector, and were both really happy for that. Because that family of 3 will be getting baptized, probably my last week in the mission!!! so that will be amazinnggg! I'm so excited for that. Theyre super excited for their baptism as well. But the best part about this baptism is that they have goals to be sealed in the temple. That's their main motivation to get baptized is to become an eternal family!! That is what is amazing about this family, because I know that I'm able to be an instrument in Gods hands to have this family be sealed for all eternity. that will be something so amazing for me. And also all my life to look back on the mission and be happy to have gone, and see alll the blessings the people I taught now have. That will be something that will make me happy continually for the rest of my life! Knowing that I could help others, and along the way we automatically help ourselves and grow our testimonies. If anyones been changed or converted in the mission its me. Because I can understand and feel the joy and beauty of the gospel so much better now. Knowing that I didn't even want to go on the mission when I left, and seeing how I am now is a big change that God wanted in me. And I'm so glad that these things will bless me for the rest of my life.

You have to send me pics of your adventures!!! Thank you for everything!

I love you guys!!

Love,
Elder Nate Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment