Monday, May 18, 2015

Be Committed!

Sector- Lampa, Santiago
Companero- Elder Gonzalez
Carta- #87

Thanks for the amazing email!!! It's amazing what we can do when we put our mind to it, and we're truly committed to doing it. I think that once I really liked the mission and committed to it, was when I really was converted and started having success. And from that point its just been a blessing and not a sacrifice to be on the mission. I've always thought it would be a sacrifice, but now I see it as the biggest blessing in the world to be able to gain the testimony I now have. And to be able to help others have that as well. That's the best part!! the scripture I always think of when I think about my mission is Alma 29: 9-10. It explains what the joy of the mission is. And also all of chapter 26 in Alma is pretty amazing and explains pretty well the joy of the mission. It's amazing how much joy the gospel brings us and blessings. And it's amazing the love that God has for us. I don't see these two years as a sacrifice.  I give to god, hoping that it will please Him, I know it will please Him to see someone trying to do the best they can, I see it as a blessing to be able to serve and knowing that I don't even have the smallest part of the blessings I will receive for the mission.
 
We have 2 baptisms this week!!!! WHATTTT the miracles that are happening here in Lampa are amazinggg!!! haha we have the baptism of Benjamin, the son of a less active that we´ve been teaching that now is active and her whole family is coming from super far away for her baptism. The other baptism is Alicia and she's an older lady that we´ve been teaching that is just super receptive and loves the church and has soooo much faith! She makes 30 dollars a week, and she was soooo excited to pay her tithing when we taught her about the blessing it is to do it. It's amazing how she can do that with an income of 30 dollars a month, and she hardly has money to buy food. She's super humble and it's an amazing experience to see how humble some people are. We found another family this week that have a baptimsal date, and they're superrrr good!!! there's just miracles all around. If theres one thing I can learn from the mission is that when we have faith we can do whatever God wants. And God always wants us to be successful. I know that will help me for the rest of my life!!!

Me with Nancy shes getting baptized may 30th!!! so excited!!!

Eduardo De La Jara, he's a sculptor and he makes bulls haha he just got baptized last week

Batpism of Eduardo De La Jara! hes super cool and he has goals to get sealed with his gf whos member!! Siicck!

I love you Guys!!!
I hope you have a great week!!!
I only have 12 more weeks left don't worry I'll be there soon!!!

Love,
Elder Nate Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment