Monday, May 26, 2014

English Class Miracle!

Sector- Batuco, Chile
Companero- Elder Pereira
Carta #36

Wow!!! Those fires look supperrr sketchy!!! Hopefully they dont get close to our house!!! Are there people in our ward that got their houses destroyed!! that just happened here in viƱa del mar and sooo many houses got destroyed!! and like the next week it happens where we live!! sketchy!!! haha but every-time there are fires the waves are suupperrr good!! because its offshore winds!!! so that's pretty sweet!! haha Gosh I miss surfing so much!! But thats so cool how bobby got to see Emily!! hahah she was super surprised!! haha she told me that when she saw my car she got soooo home sick!! hahah because we had so much fun times in college with the car!! hahah so funny!!

So I had a pretty funny experience this week! So we were in my house eating lunch, us four missionaries and there's two soccer teams here in Chile that are like super popular called the University of Chile and Colo Colo and Im a fan of the University of Chile. And in front of our house there's a bus stop and there was a group of like 15 colo colo fans that had their flags all their jerseys and were singing the Colo Colo song and everything and all the colo colo fans are super like gangster ghetto hahah So I didn't realize how mad the people actually get here when your from the opposite team before this so I made the stupid decision to put on my University of Chile jersey and walk outside and start chanting University of Chile hahahaha and they got soooo mad and they started to throw rocks and they came up to the gate of our house and like wanted to fight me! so I just closed the door and we stayed there till they left on the bus! hahaha I never realized that they get sooooo mad if your from the other team!! I thought it was just a joke, like it is in the United States hahah but apparently not! It was a good learning experience though!!

But this week we also had a miracle!! We started teaching English classes and we got like 15 people to go every time now!! and from the English classes we are having so much success having people get to know the church and they're actually coming to church!!! And we met this one guy named Eduardo and his wife Diane and they came to the English classes, then they started asking about what we do as missionaries and we gave them a Book of Mormon! and he took it and we asked if we could visit him in like two days. So we went two days later, he let us in, and he told us that he read ALL of 1 Nephi!!!! I was like whhhaattt no one everrr reads! haha and then we taught him the first lesson about the restoration and he understood everything and was telling us how much sense it makes that there's prophets right now in these days because God has always called prophets and we put him with a date to get baptized the 15th of June!!! Him and his wife!! Hes so amazing and it was an answer to my prayers because We have a ton of investigators but none of them have been progressing towards baptism so I was praying for something to happen in their lives or someone that we could find that is prepared to hear the Gospel. And like 3 days later we meet him and he went to church on Sunday and in the Gospel Principle class he was answering alll the questions and everything! it was sweet!!

This experience definitely grew my testimony on how God answers prayers if we have faith and work towards what we´re asking. It has been a good week and we keep on working! I got a little home sick cuz we talked on Sunday but whatever Ill be homesick if I want to as long as I still work hahaha Thanks for the Email and take care of our house so that it doesn't burn down! thats super sketch!!

haha I love you all!!!
Love,
Elder Nate Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment