Monday, February 23, 2015

Mas O Menos

Sector- Renca, Santiago
Companero- Elder Millerd
Carta- #76

Hey family!!

Hahaha! Dad, thanks for the video, I hope I can watch it!! Its 8 mins long, but I'll do it!! You tha bestttt

Well this week has been like a mas o menos week haha but we did have some success. It looks like were going to have a baptism the 8th of March so we're praying a lot for that! We just had to do a lot of things this week that had nothing to do with missionary work, so we didn't get much done. We had to go renew my visa, and we had to wait in a room for 7 hours before we could do it. It was sooooo horrible. and we had to go back another day, and wait another 3 hours, ahhh it was horrible, but its done now!!

We have been working a lot with a guy named Eduardo. He's the one that's going to get baptized on the 8th and he used to be a hard core drug addict. He was sooooo into the drugs. But like two years ago he left all of that, and he always tells us how God was the only one that could have helped him leave that horrible phase in his life. When we passed by the first time he was living with his girlfriend, but recently his girlfriend of 13 years left him for another guy, left him with 4 kids. So that's been hard for him. But he looks at the positive side, saying now he can be baptized and now God has something bigger and better planned for him. He says he hasn't been closer to God ever in his life. He really is amazing, and its amazing to see how much someone can change! From being a drug addict, to converting to the gospel. It's amazing what God can do. 

This week was just hard because really everyday, I feel like it's a wrestle in my head. Because I swear Satan works on me SOOO hard. He just makes me worry, he makes me fear, and he makes me just doubt. And then I just get down on my self for being so weak and not having faith. Ha, literally sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy. And when I pray I get comfort and peace for that moment, then my thoughts just go off. and It's just hard. I have done so much, so Idk what do you think I can do to get better? that's the only thing that's been getting me down lately. But I know I'll just keep moving on moving forward. Just tired of wrestling with my thoughts everyyyday! haha But I know that it will go away once I exercise faith!

Thank you family for everything!!!!

Love,
Elder Nate Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment