Monday, November 24, 2014

The Spirit Works Miracles!

Sector- Lo Campino, Quilicura
Companero- Elder Huarca
Carta #63

Wowwwww the whole families in Utah allll together and your just leaving me here down in Chile...hahaha!  No, but sounds like Dad is suffering from being in Utah for just ONE week hahahaah I have to go to school there... that's gonna suck.  I totally forgot that it was thanksgiving this week. I'm just soooo out of the loop hahah But that's cool, maybe we'll do something with all the gringos for thanksgiving.  

And Dad about the getting fat thing, Its Soooooooooo So hard for me to work out well in the morning you have no idea haha Seriously the WORST part of the day is waking up in the morning.  It is SO hard for me. But I do and I try to do the best exercises I can, but they're really not gonna help that much hahah.  But when in 3 months, when I have 6 months left I'll get myself into shape, cuz I can't be FAT. hahahah 

This week me and my companion got a phone call at 2 in the afternoon on Tuesday and President said Elder Zapata is going to Colina so he had to pack ALL his stuff up in one hour and they took him to Colina.  I have a companion named Elder Huarca now. I don't know him very well, but it seems like he's cool. hahah!! he used to play professional soccer in Peru but now it's a mission rule that we can't play soccer.....  But he's cool, he's 23 and he's a convert to the church after he was done playing soccer, when he got hurt. 
 
But this week was good. We had some miracles happen this week. Cecilia, our investigator that just got baptized, has a nephew named Juan and before her baptism he did not want ANYTHING with the missionaries or the church. But one day we passed by and he was sitting at the table so we taught him also. And we taught him about the Book of Mormon and how the only thing he had to do was pray to know if it was true. And then we bore our testimonies of how true the book is. And as we were baring our testimonies, he told us he felt something special inside his chest that he had never felt before and that it was like a happiness or something that you can't describe. And we told him that was the spirit telling him that the things we are saying are true. Then the next day we went back and he told us that he knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that the church is true also. Were going to put him with a baptismal date, but we didn't want to pressure him. I seriously NEVER would have thought that he would say that. Because before he was sooo hard-hearted. But the spirit works miracles. And without the spirit as missionaries we would be nothing. 
 
We had another baptism this week!!! woooo!!!! but this computer won't let me upload pictures. But it was SUPER spiritual. Her name is Almendra and her brother baptized her. After the baptism they were both so happy and emotional, they couldn't stop crying. And now the whole family is active in the church and we are planning on going and doing baptisms with them. Its so amazing to see all the blessings that we as missionaries can bring to other peoples lives. Its a great opportunity we have for two years and I've learned so much from the time that I've been out, but I feel like I'm just starting to understand how to do missionary work.

I love you Guys!!!!!
Say hi to Grandma!!!!!
I miss grandma's house it's the bestttt!!!!!!!
Send me pictures of Thanksgiving.
Next time I'll be there!!!!!

Love you guys,
Elder Nate Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment